With internet meeting instruments like Zoom and Microsoft Teams, a recording feature is standard. It stands to reason that Google Meet will have something similar, i.e., users can record a meeting. Google Meet permits users to record a meeting yet it is an exceptional feature which means that free users cannot use it.
Record a Google Meet meeting/call
If you want to use the out-of-the-container recording feature in Google Meet, you should have one of the accompanying Google memberships;
- Business Standard
- Business Plus
- Venture Essentials
- Venture Standard
- Venture Plus
- Education Standard (Available to users with a “staff” and “understudy” permit)
- Education Fundamentals (Available to users with a “staff” and “understudy” permit)
- Education Plus (Available to users with a “staff” and “understudy” permit)
- Teaching and Learning Upgrade (Available to users with a “Teaching and Learning Upgrade” permit)
- Workspace Individual Subscriber
Also see: How to Fix “Can’t Logout of Facebook”
This essentially means that free Google Meet users should make do. Fortunately, it isn’t so hard to record a Google Meet meeting from the desktop. The recording will be made and saved locally using an outsider instrument.
Record Google Meet – native feature
If you have one of the aforementioned sorts of memberships, you can record Google Meet meetings without an outsider device.
- Start a meeting (you should be the host).
- Click Activities in the base left.
- Select Recording from the rundown of activities.
- The meeting will start recording.
Set up OBS screen recording
The best apparatus for recording your screen is OBS. It is free, and it is feature-rich. It can record anything on the screen along with audio from the mic and the speakers. You should set it up before the meeting yet that is the lone hard part.
- Install OBS and open the app.
- Click the in addition to button under the Sources segment.
- Select Display Capture from the menu if you want to record a whole screen or select Window Capture if you just want to record the program window.
- In the window that opens, click OK.
- In the following window, you can choose either the whole desktop or you can choose the program window that you will join the Google Meet meeting in.
- Click OK and the source will be added.
- Make sure both the mic and the speakers are not muted.
Record Google Meet meeting
To record the Google Meet meeting, follow these steps.
- Open OBS with all that all set up.
- Click Start recording.
- Minimize OBS.
- At the point when the meeting is finished, open OBS and click Stop recording.
If you hope to share your screen, or for anyone else to do as such during a meeting, it is ideal to choose a whole display as the information or display capture source instead of a program window. Nobody will know that you’re recording the meeting except if you share the screen and the OBS window is apparent or its taskbar or Dock symbol is noticeable. This method will deal with the two Windows 10 and macOS.