Subnautica is an open-world endurance/action-experience game created and distributed by Unknown Worlds Entertainment. In the game, the player is free to investigate the expanse of an outsider world and is urged to get by in it. In this aide, we’ll show you how to play Subnautica on Linux.
Subnautica on Linux
Subnautica chips away at Linux, however only with the assistance of Proton and Steam Play, which is remembered for the Linux version of Steam. Thus, before we turn out how to install Subnautica on Linux, we should get Steam working.
To start the installation of Steam on your Linux PC, you should open up a terminal window. To open up a terminal window on Linux, press the Ctrl + Alt + T button on the console, or, search for “terminal” in the app menu.
Once the terminal window is open, the installation can start. Using the instructions beneath, get Steam installed on your Linux PC.
Steam is best installed on Ubuntu using the adept install command beneath.
sudo apt install steam
If you’re on Debian Linux, the most ideal approach to make it work is by downloading the Steam DEB bundle to your PC, as opposed to managing the included Debian “Non-free” programming repository.
To start the download of Steam to your Debian system, use the wget downloader command underneath. It will snatch the most recent arrival of Steam straightforwardly from Valve’s site, and spot it into your home folder.
Subsequent to downloading the Steam DEB bundle to your PC, you can start the installation of Steam on Debian. To install Steam on your system, use the accompanying dpkg command beneath.
sudo dpkg -i steam.deb
Now that the Steam bundle is installed on your system, you should address any reliance mistakes that have appeared during the installation. To address these issues, utilize the accompanying adept get install – f command beneath.
sudo apt-get install -f
Steam is accessible to Arch Linux users, however only the individuals who have the “multilib” programming repository going. To make it work, open up your Pacman.conf file, find “multilib”, and remove all # images.
Also see: How to install MongoDB Compass on Ubuntu
Subsequent to eliminating the entirety of the images, save your alters and re-sync Pacman with the command beneath.
sudo pacman -Syy
At last, install the most recent arrival of Steam on Arch Linux with the command underneath.
sudo pacman -S steam
On both Fedora and OpenSUSE Linux, it is feasible to install Steam through the included programming repositories. However, the Flatpak arrival of Steam will in general work better on these working systems and we propose using it all things being equal.
To use the Flatpak arrival of Steam on your Linux PC, you’ll need to initially enable the Flatpak runtime. Once the runtime is enabled on your system, use the two commands beneath to get Steam working.
flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
flatpak install flathub com.valvesoftware.Steam
Play Subnautica on Linux
With Steam installed, open it up and sign in to your record using your user qualifications. Then, follow the bit-by-bit guide beneath to figure out how to set up Subnautica on Linux!
- To start, find the “Steam” menu and click on it with the mouse. Then, use the menu to choose the “Settings” menu. Within the settings menu, find the “Steam Play” region, and check both the “Enable Steam Play for upheld titles” box and the “Enable Steam Play for any remaining titles” box.
- Click the “Alright” button, to apply the settings to Steam.
- Find the “Store” button, and click on it to get to the Steam store. Once inside the Steam store, discover the hunt box, and click on it with the mouse. Then, type in “Subnautica,” and press the Enter key to see the list items.
- Glance through the query items for “Subnautica” and click on it with the mouse to go to the Subnautica store page.
- Find the green “Add to cart” button on the Subnautica Store page to add the game to your Steam store cart. Once it is in your Steam truck, click on the truck icon at the top of the page and buy Subnautica to add it to your record.
- After buying Subnautica, find the “Library” button, and click on it with the mouse to go to your Steam library. From there, discover Subnautica and click on the blue “INSTALL” button to get the game set up on Linux.
At the point when the game is done installing on Linux, the blue “INSTALL” button will turn into a green “PLAY” button. Select the “PLAY” button to start up the game. Appreciate it, and happy gaming!