Minecraft is known for its sandbox-type computer game that is set to an open world environment to assemble, mine, battle crowds, and investigate things. Although the actual game has a wide range of customizations, advanced players are always keen on modding things. If you’re also keen on doing as such, make sure to look at How to Install Minecraft Mods in 2021.
Minecraft mods have a variety of customizations and limitless health or inventory that’ll zest up your gameplay experience broadly. Installing mods are very easy for most players. Just you’ll have to look at the Minecraft version to complete the one if you’re not aware of it. Additionally, it may also be conceivable that some more seasoned mods may stop working after the new update or somewhere in the vicinity.
How to Install Minecraft Mods 2021
Now, without wasting any additional time, we should bounce into the steps underneath.
1. Install Java
- Install Java on your Windows PC to add mods to Minecraft.
- Head over to this link to visit the official Java site.
- Then, click on Java Download > Click on Agree and Start Free Download.
- It’ll automatically recognize your Windows OS version, downloads the application. [However, if it fails to do as such, simply click on See all Java downloads and then download the exact Java version that’s compatible with your OS)
- Once done, click on Save when the Save As window appears.
- Java will be downloaded on your PC and install as usual.
2. Download and Install Minecraft Forge
Fashion is a modding API that allows users to easily create and verify mods for Minecraft. Thus, you’ll need to download and install it by following the steps beneath:
- Head over to the Forge download link and get the latest version of the suggested one.
- Click on Installer from the Download Recommended section.
- You’ll discover ‘Please wait … seconds… ‘ notice at the top right corner of the screen.
- Thus, simply wait for it > Once the Skip button appears, click on it.
- Now, click on Save from the Save As popup window.
- Fashion will start downloading on your PC.
- Then, double-tap on the Forge file to open the installer.
- Select Install Client > Click on OK > Once installed, click on OK to close the installer.
3. Backup Minecraft Files
Although adding mod is very easier and safer, it’s prescribed to backup your Minecraft.jar file prior to installing any custom mods. An adulterated or unstable mod can easily destroy the Minecraft gaming experience at any time.
- Right-click on minecraft.jar > Click on Copy. [Press the Windows + R keys on your keyboard > Type %appdata%.minecraft\ and hit Enter]
- Create another folder there by right-clicking on the vacant space of your desktop and click New > Folder.
- Then, name the folder and paste the jar file into it as a backup copy.
4. Download Mods from a reliable source
You can download the Minecraft mods according to your own inclination. Yet, make sure that they’re compatible enough with your installed Minecraft and Forge. It’s smarter to download Minecraft mods from reliable sources like CurseForge, Minecraft Mods, Planet Minecraft.
Also see: How to fix bad sectors in Windows 10
5. Add/Install Mods on Minecraft
Finally, once you’ve downloaded the Minecraft mods on your PC, make sure to put them on the installed Minecraft directory by following the steps beneath:
- Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Now, copy and paste %appdata%.minecraft\ and hit Enter open the directory.
- Copy the .jar or .compress mod file that you’ve downloaded into the Minecraft subfolder.
- Launch Minecraft and make sure that Forge is active.
- Click on Play and you’re all set.
That’s it, folks. We assume this aide was useful to you. For additional questions, you can remark underneath.