A Mac or MacBook both have an underlying webcam. The webcam will work with any app that can use it e.g, Microsoft Teams or Zoom however it is known as the Facetime camera and is intended to work with the app of a similar name.
Facetime, similar as iMessage, functions admirably as a help yet it needs to use the camera. Facetime calls by and large connect effectively and promptly however you can anticipate a postponement if you’re calling someone connected to a feeble organization.
Fix Facetime black screen
If you’re attempting to Facetime someone can consistently get a black screen, restart your Mac in some measure once before you continue on to the accompanying fixes.
Ensure the Facetime app isn’t open on your system before you attempt this fix. No other app that can use the webcam ought to be open.
- Open Terminal from Spotlight or from Mission Control.
- Run the accompanying order.
sudo killall VDCAssistant
- Enter the secret phrase when prompted and tap Enter.
- Run this order straightaway.
sudo killall AppleCameraAssistant
- Enter the secret key once more, and tap Enter.
- Open Facetime.
Equipment issues can here and there be settled with an SMC reset. The reset is not difficult to perform however the method will differ depending on the sort of Mac you have.
Also see: How to fix corrupt WAV files
Desktop Mac/iMac/Mac Mini
- Close down the Mac.
- Remove the power line.
- Stand by fifteen seconds
- Connect the charger once more.
- Stand by another fifteen seconds
- Power the Mac on.
- Close down the Mac.
- Ensure the MacBook is connected to a power source.
- Tap and hold the Shift+Control+Option+Power button for fifteen seconds.
- Release the buttons and stand by another fifteen seconds.
- Turn the MacBook on.
MacBook 2018 or later models
- Close down the MacBook.
- The MacBook ought to be connected to a power source.
- Hold down the Left Control, Left Option, and Right Shift key for ten seconds.
- Without releasing these keys, press the Power button.
- Hold down every one of the four keys for ten seconds.
- Release the keys and stand by fifteen seconds.
- Power the MacBook on.
If the over two methods don’t fix Facetime, it is conceivable that you have an equipment issue. Has your Mac checked either by Apple or by an outsider approved to do fixes? The issue might be little i.e., a disconnected wire. If you would prefer not to have the PC looked at, you can generally take a stab at installing macOS new. It can resolve all product-related issues yet a dreary undertaking will require taking a backup of every one of your files.