Devil May Cry 5 is one of the action-adventure computer games that has been created and distributed by Capcom in 2019. It’s the 5th title in the Devil May Cry lineup and accessible for PC, PlayStation 4/5, and Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S stages. Capcom has done truly well as far as the graphics and interactivity experience however somehow a few players are experiencing different issues on their Windows PC. If you’re likewise facing startup crashing or arbitrary crashing then look at this troubleshooting guide on How to Quickly Fix Devil May Cry 5 accident.
As it’s quite possibly the most widely recognized issue in PC gamers, there are immense quantities of PC gamers who experience the game crashing issue in most gaming titles. Thus, nothing to stress over it. Here we’ve referenced every one of the potential reasons and workarounds underneath that should take care of you. Basically, an incompatible PC design or issues with the graphics driver may cause a lot of issues like startup accidents or irregular accidents. In the meantime, an obsolete Windows construct, or issues with the DirectX or even issues with the game files can trigger a few issues.
- 0.1 For what reason Does Devil May Cry 5 Keep Crashing?
- 0.2 Minimum System Requirements:
- 0.3 Suggested System Requirements:
- 1 How to Fix Devil May Cry 5 Crashing
- 1.1 Update Graphics Drivers
- 1.2 Modify dmc5config.ini File
- 1.3 Set High Priority in Task Manager
- 1.4 Reinstall DirectX (Latest)
- 1.5 Disable Windows Firewall or Antivirus Program
- 1.6 Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
- 1.7 Disable Steam Overlay
- 1.8 Change Nvidia Control Panel Settings
- 1.9 Change AMD Control Panel Settings
- 1.10 Delete Temporary Files
- 1.11 Set Default CPU and Graphics Speed
For what reason Does Devil May Cry 5 Keep Crashing?
PC setup may not viable with the system necessities of the Devil May Cry 5 game. For this situation, the game will crash a ton. Check the system prerequisites underneath.
- Now and then a brief reserve or system glitch can cause different issues.
- A missing or adulterated game file can happen in-game crash.
- Now and again an obsolete Windows OS assembly or the graphics driver can cause crashes.
- An obsolete DirectX form can likewise forestall games to run appropriately.
- A more seasoned graphics card may not help the Direct3D Hardware Feature Level 11.0 GPU.
- Devil May Cry 5 game or the game client hasn’t updated for some time.
- Some superfluous foundation running cycles can likewise burn through a lot of CPU/Memory use which may prompt accidents.
- Windows Defender Firewall or any outsider Antivirus program can impede game files to run appropriately if not disabled or whitelisted.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Operating system: WINDOWS 7, 8.1, 10 (64-bit Required)
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4460, AMD FX-6300, or better
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD Radeon R7 260x with 2GB Video RAM, or better
- Storage: 35 GB accessible space
- DirectX: 11
Suggested System Requirements:
- Operating system: WINDOWS 7, 8.1, 10 (64-cycle Required)
- Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, AMD FX-9590, or better
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB VRAM, AMD Radeon RX 480 with 8GB VRAM, or better
- Storage: 35 GB accessible space
- DirectX: 11
How to Fix Devil May Cry 5 Crashing
Now, without wasting any additional time, how about we hop into the steps underneath.
Update Graphics Drivers
It’s constantly needed to update graphics drivers on your Windows system to run every one of the projects easily. To do this:
Right-click on the Start Menu to open up the Quick Access Menu.
Click on Device Manager from the rundown.
Now, double-tap on the Display connectors classification to grow the rundown.
Then right-click on the committed graphics card name.
Select Update driver > Choose Search automatically for drivers.
If there is an update accessible, it’ll automatically download and install the most recent rendition.
Once done, try to reboot your PC to change impacts.
Then again, you can physically download the most recent rendition of the graphics driver and install it straightforwardly from the official site individual to your graphics card producer. Nvidia graphics card users can update the GeForce Experience app through the Nvidia official site. In the interim, AMD graphics card users can visit the AMD site for something similar.
Modify dmc5config.ini File
Devil May Cry 5 game sudden spikes in demand for DirectX 12 as a matter of course on your Windows PC. In the interim, a lot of players have announced that while trying to run the game with DirectX 11, it starts crashing. In this way, even subsequent to updating your game and Windows OS work to the most recent variant, if the issue endures then you ought to modify the dmc5config.ini file from your game folder. To do as such:
Launch Steam > Click on Library.
Right-click on the Devil May Cry 5 game > Select Properties.
Click on Local Files > Select Browse Local Files…
Now, double-tap on the dmc5config.ini file from the installed game folder > Open it in Notepad.
Make a point to set Capability=DirectX11 and TargetPlatform=DirectX11 instead of DirectX12.
Once changed, press the Ctrl + S keys to save the file.
Close it > Restart the Steam client and have a go at running the Devil May Cry 5 game to check if it assumes to crash.
Set High Priority in Task Manager
Make your game need in the higher fragment by means of the Task Manager to advise your Windows system to run the game appropriately. To do this:
Right-click on the Start Menu > Select Task Manager.
Click on the Processes tab > Right-click on the game you want.
Select Set Priority to High.
Close Task Manager.
Finally, run the Devil May Cry 5 game to check if it continues to crash on PC or not.
Reinstall DirectX (Latest)
You should take a stab at reinstalling the most recent adaptation of DirectX from the official Microsoft site on your PC/Laptop. You simply need to download and install the DirectX installer bundle and run it. Remember that you’ll require DirectX 11 or above to run the Devil May Cry 5 game appropriately.
Disable Windows Firewall or Antivirus Program
The odds are sufficiently high that maybe your default Windows Defender Firewall assurance or any outsider antivirus program is preventing the ongoing connections or game files to run appropriately. Thus, make a point to briefly disable or kill the continuous insurance and firewall security. Then you should take a stab at running the game to check if the Devil May Cry 5 Keeps Crashing on PC issue has been fixed or not. To do this:
- Click on the Start Menu > Type firewall.
- Select Windows Defender Firewall from the output.
- Now, click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the left sheet.
- Another page will open > Select the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not suggested) option for both the Private and Public Network Settings.
- Once chose, click on OK to save changes.
- Finally, restart your PC.
Essentially, you need to kill the Windows Security assurance too. Simply follow the steps beneath:
- Press Windows + I keys to open the Windows Settings menu.
- Click on Update and Security > Click on Windows Security from the left sheet.
- Go to Virus and threat security > Click on Manage settings.
- Then, you’ll need to just Turn Off the Real-time security toggle.
- If prompted, click on Yes to continue further.
Furthermore, you can likewise kill Cloud-conveyed security, Tamper insurance if you need it.
Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
Try to reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime on your PC to fix numerous gaming issues or blunders totally. To do that:
- Press the Windows key from the console to open up the Start Menu.
- Type Apps and Features and click on it from the output.
- Now, find the Microsoft Visual C++ program(s) in the rundown.
- Select each program and click on Uninstall.
- Visit the official Microsoft site and download the most recent Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime.
- Once done, install it on your PC, and restart the system to change impacts.
Disable Steam Overlay
- Open Steam on your Windows.
- Head over to the Settings > Click on the In-Game.
- Click on the checkbox to disable the Steam Overlay while in-game.
- Once the checkbox mark is taken out, click on OK.
Change Nvidia Control Panel Settings
- Click on Adjust picture settings to see under 3D settings.
- Select Use the advanced 3D picture settings.
- Then, launch the Nvidia Control Panel.
- Click on Manage 3D settings> Go to Global Settings.
- Furthermore, you can likewise change a portion of different options:
- Disable Image Sharpening
- Enable Threaded Optimization
- Use Maximum Performance for Power Management
- Turn Off Low Latency Mode
- Set Texture Filtering Quality to Performance mode
Change AMD Control Panel Settings
- Go to Global Graphics.
- Turn Off Radeon Anti-Lag
- Turn Off Radeon Boost
- Use Application settings for Anti-Aliasing Mode
- Set Anti-aliasing Method to Multi-sampling
- Turn Off Morphological Filtering
- Disable Image Sharpening
- Turn Off Anisotropic Filtering
- Use Performance mode for Texture Filtering Quality
- You can likewise enable Surface Format Optimization
- AMD Optimization for the Tesselation Mode
- Hang tight for V-sync – Turn it off
- Use AMD streamlining for the Shader Cache
- Disable OpenGL Triple Buffering
- Turn Off Maximum Tesselation Level
- Set Graphics for the GPU Workload
- Turn Off the Radeon Chill
- Disable Frame Rate Target Control
Delete Temporary Files
Press Windows key + R on your console to open the RUN program.
Now, type %temp% and press enter.
You will get a lot of transitory files on a page.
Select all files by pressing Ctrl + A on the console.
Then, press Shift + Delete on the console to eliminate every one of the files.
Now and again a portion of the brief files can’t be deleted. Along these lines, leave them all things considered and close it.
Set Default CPU and Graphics Speed
As the majority of the users consistently need to use super superior from the CPU and GPU from the absolute first day. Thus, the greater part of the users either purchase an overclocked form or physically increased the overclocking speed. Thus, if you’ve likewise overclocked your GPU speed and subsequent to doing that you’re experiencing bottleneck or lagging or crashing-related issues, just set it to default mode.
You can likewise use the MSI Afterburner tool or Zotac firestorm application in request to bring down the clocking speed. Once done, you can run the Devil May Cry 5 game to check if it’s crashing at startup.
That is it. We trust this aide was useful to you. You can remark underneath for any questions.