Web apps have made considerable progress. Programs today are amazing and web connections are by and large quicker with more data transfer capacity taking into account cloud-based apps. Users can work together progressively and they needn’t bother with something besides an internet browser.
All things considered, you actually find that desktop apps are more remarkable than web apps for the basic explanation that programs are infrequently as amazing or concentrated for a specific app type.
Download Google Meet
Google Meet is one of three mainstream online web conferencing tools, with Zoom and Microsoft Teams, that has seen a flood in users. The free form of Google Meet has some extraordinary highlights; screen sharing, huge meeting rooms, and foundation obscure.
- It makes sense that Google Meet will work similarly to other famous web conferencing tools and that there will be a desktop app to go with it. This isn’t correct. Taking everything into account;
- There is no devoted desktop app for Google Meet for any OS.
- Google Meet is used only through an internet browser on the desktop.
- Official Google Meet apps for iOS and Android are accessible.
- For best outcomes, you should use Chrome to host or join a Google Meet meeting.
Make Chrome app
Google Meet doesn’t have a committed desktop app. Its capacities are restricted to whichever program you use it in however you will track down that any program other than Chrome offers a lesser encounter.
If you frequently use Google Meet to have a meeting or go along with one, it’s a smart thought to make a Chrome app for it. A Chrome app can be stuck to the taskbar or the Dock, you can use it to open Google Meet, and it will open in its very own window, separate from the Chrome program meeting you have open.
- Visit Google Meet in Chrome.
- Click the more options (three specks) button at the top right.
- Select More Tools>Create Shortcut.
- Give the Shortcut a name (Google Meet) is ideal.
- Enable the Open as Window option.
- Click Create.
- Pin Google Meet to Start Menu/Taskbar/Dock
- Once the app has been made, you should stick it to the taskbar or Start Menu, or the Dock (macOS) for speedier access.
On Windows 10;
- Explore the Google Meet app that you’ve quite recently made.
- Right-click it and select Pin to Start or potentially Pin to Taskbar from the setting menu.
- Open the Google Meet Chrome app that you made.
- Right-click the symbol in the Dock.
- Select Options>Keep in Dock.
Download Google Meet – Mobile
For iOS and Android, Google Meet has official apps accessible.
Numerous users are shocked to discover that Google Meet has no desktop app. It’s a mainstream video conferencing tool and numerous users have used it for non-business-related meetings. Google has not demonstrated that it will be fostering a desktop app any time soon.